Did you mean: 

[TOUCHPAD] NumberPad doesn't turn off any more

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: TochPad NumberPad no turning off possible
Model: UX433FN
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Hello, My NumberPad does'nt turn off any more...usually there is a button you can press for one second or a little bit longer and it turns on and off. Its just always on now. I deinstalled and reinstalled drrivers...nothing helps. The support team now tells me to reinstall windows with media creation tool. Why would this help ???? And what do I do when it happens again ???? Erase and reinstall the whole dsystem again ? And every time ? This is no solution for me....do you know how many work it is to fully erase and reinstall your system ? I need a nother solution. Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

angelastride
Star I
Hello, Brand new to this forum so hoping this is where I am meant to write. I have the exact same issue reported here. I can turn on the keypad, but I can not turn it off. The long press on/off button does not respond when I want to turn it off. This means, if I do not have a mouse handy, the laptop if unusable as the trackpad is useless for normal usage when the keypad is on. If someone could give me a simple list of things to do, I would really appreciate it. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I do not know what version of "bios" I have. How can I check if this is up to date? the 309 version? Many thanks in advance for your help. I will now post on another forum about my microphone that also stopped working after an update. Reinstalling drivers also does nothing. I have never had a laptop that presented such frequent issue 😞

angelastride posted on 2020/1/11 17:55 Hello, Brand new to this forum so hoping this is where I am meant to write. I have the exact same ...
Hello angelastride, I did it like this. First turn your laptop off. To go to BIOS press F2, hold it and press then once the power button. You can stop pressing F2 when you enter the BIOS screen. When you are now in the BIOS main screen you will see there "Version:" (see screenshot). Best regards, Christoph

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
angelastride posted on 2020/1/12 00:55 Hello, Brand new to this forum so hoping this is where I am meant to write. I have the exact same ...
Hello angelastride, May you provide a video record of this issue? Thank you so much.

Hello Blake, The problem is still not solved and I sent you log files and the video. Could you check it ? Thanks you, Christoph