This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX534FTC goes into sleep mode as soon as the screen is off.

ZT-64015ccc
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: UX534FTC goes into sleep mode as soon as the screen is off.
Model: UX534FTC
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

Hi, All! I have a brand new Asus ZenBook UX534FTC. I bought it just 2 weeks ago. From the very beginning, I found one strange thing. Every time when I lock the system (press Win+L or simply F9), if screen settings are set to turn off the screen in any time (2, 5, 10 and so on minutes), the system goes into sleep mode even though power settings are set to forbid going into sleep mode. If I set appropriate screen settings at "Never" (never turn off the screen), then everything is fine: I lock the system, the screen is never off, the system is never sleep. It happens no matter I use battery or AC. It happens even with absolutely virgin system, just installed from the hidden partition of the notebook. My short investigation makes me think, that the problem has something to do with video drivers from Asus. Because when I remove Intel and Nvidia drivers, which came from the box, and replaced them with Windows Standard Video Driver, the problem went away. When I reset the system, the problem came back. Official Asus support from Moscow was not capable to help me. The best their advice sounds like: "We think you have a hardware problem, therefore please contact the nearest service center". I don't think this is a hardware problem. Because the notebook works excellent except this issue. Did anybody here experienced the same issue?
9 REPLIES 9

royschreiber
Star II
I experience the same thing with the UX533FD. I don't actually care that much, the only reason this bothers me is that going to sleep mode causes the "can't wake up" issue that is not yet solved.

ZT-64015ccc
Star I
I don't have any problem with wake up. The notebook goes out from sleep mode within an eye blink. Literally. The only reason, why it bothers me, is the fact that while the notebook is in sleep mode, it doesn't do any network activity. Therefore if I want to download something really big, I can't leave the notebook locked with the screen switched off, because it will sleep. I must leave it locked, but with the screen turned on. It's no big deal, but hey, I paid money for the device and I want it to work as I expect.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Last edited by blake_ASUS on 2020/2/21 14:57
almih2006 posted on 2020/2/19 21:49 I don't have any problem with wake up. The notebook goes out from sleep mode within an eye blink. Li ...
Hello almih2006, Please provide the power plan setting and advanced power options screenshot also, you may adjust your wireless power setting in advanced power options and device manager. Please refer to below pictures. Thank you.

This is a feature of Windows, called Modern Standby. My UX434FLC does the same. When you install a basic video driver, it prevents this feature, because it makes the video card not support sleep and other power saving modes. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/modern-standby