matheusuzumakil
Star II
ZF Model: ZE554KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_Phone-16.0620.1910.19-0
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
Rooted: No
APP Name:

The Android Pie Beta has a sound problem, ASUS claimed it was fixed in beta 2 but it's still here. When you answer or make a call (normal call or voip call), the speaker output shifts from 'Stereo' to 'Mono'. There is literally no sound from the ear speaker after this. Whenever a notification comes, there is a loud crackling noise from the ear speaker. The only workaround to this is to restart the phone after every call.
7 REPLIES 7

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi matheusuzumakilol, Please check your PM for a message I have sent you. Thank you 🙂

eduardomc
Star II
Matheus, please, share your conversation with Jei

ThiagoAlmeida
Star I
Any solution to the WhatsApp audio problem with Pie release Jan 20, 2020? Regarding the audio problem, until now, it is working normally for me. Answering and making calls, phone calls, WhatsApp calls... Everything normal. The only big until now is WhatsApp audio, i can't hear them in the ear spk...

matheusuzumakil
Star II
eduardomc posted on 2020/2/6 13:07 Matheus, please, share your conversation with Jei
He told me to collect relevant logs for them to analyze. I said I did a factory reset recently and I no longer suffered from the problem of the audio output going from stereo to mono after a call, but that I am suffering from the problem that after a call, it is no longer possible to listen to WhatsApp audios discreetly through the earspeaker, because the audio stops playing completely when the proximity sensor is covered, so I provided a logcat while reproducing this problem, hope they fix it