pabbipabbi
Star I
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Model: UX581G
Description: Screen Error
Battery or AC: AC
System: Windows 10
Reset OS: Yes

Last edited by pabbipabbi on 2020/1/27 22:08 Hi, Every time I start my system, just before the loging screen, I get this white box on the screen. Sometimes it is just white and at time has ring lines, like the display has gone faulty. It is always the same box that appears. It has only been 10 days since I got this and this error comes in every time. This display error goes away as soon as the login screen comes up. I've updated the display drivers and also tried resetting the laptop to its factory defaults, but the display box seems to be every times when windows starts. I got in touch with Asus support and they are not willing to help me. I even offered to send them a video or an image of it, but they just directed me to get in touch with Amazon for refund. I don't know it this display error supposed to be there or is it just me who gets it?
11 REPLIES 11

rodrigo_perez
Star I
It really looks like the system is attempting to display an error message when it is starting up. You may be able to determine what’s going on by reviewing the Windows error logs. You should restart the computer, noting the time, and then once rebooted look through the error logs from the restart time forward looking for anything that occurs very near the restart time. Good luck!

pabbipabbi
Star I
As I mentioned in my last reply, I can't use generic drivers as it causes my second screen to not work. Plus I dont want to deal with installing something forcefully as intel doesnt allow you to install the generic once on this laptop at all. Got in touch with Asus 3 times and everytime they asked me to send it back for repair. Can't be bothered with it honestly as it is only a couple of weeks old laptop. Sending it back to Amazon for a full refund as they dont have a replacement unit in amazon.ca inventory. By the way, thanks for all your help. PS: You should mind how you phrase your sentence. You can't 'tell' people what to do, you can only 'ask' them what to do. Makes you sound like an ashole  authoritative individual giving out orders, though I would hope you didnt mean to. Thanks again.