Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Optimization Startup Tool + AsusHotkeyExec Windows alert at every reboot

gregorw
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Asus Optimization Startup Tool & AsusHotkeyExec.exe Windows alert at every boot-up
Model: X571
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

Hi there, after every reboot of Windows I am getting 2 alerts about programs making changes to my computer: #1: ASUS Optimization Startup Task #2: AsusHotkeyExec.exe It seems that it does not even matter if I click yes or no, the system and the hotkeys are working fine either way. But how do I get rid of those two alerts every time? Using Windows 10 Pro, fresh clean install with all updates and latest drivers from asus.com
29 REPLIES 29

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
disable the notificatios for that program. or allow the those applications in controlled folder access

psp_HNTH
Star I
I have the same problem. the windows option applications in controlled folder access is not activated. What else can you do? Confirming before executing does nothing.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear both, May I have some screenshots of this issue? Thank you very much.

gregorw
Star I
RAJU2529 posted on 2020/1/25 14:55 disable the notificatios for that program. or allow the those applications in controlled folder acc ...
How can I disable notifications? However I don't think it will help because the system alert will show at the moment those 2 programs are auto-started shortly after booting. That kind of alert which blocks the whole screen, not just a system notification. The task manager does show 2 autostart programs by Asus: 1. "ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys Program" 2. "MyASUS" However, there is no difference whether those are enabled or disabled! Two Windows software alerts will prompt a while after booting and the hotkeys are always working. Also, those entries in autostart don't have a path so I can not see which files they are opening. @blake_ASUS I will try to make screenshots next time I reboot.