Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

anas_jbs
Star I
I have the same issue too. It's an Asus Zenbook 15 UX533FD purchased very recently. Help please.

anas_jbs
Star I
blake_ASUS posted on 2019/12/17 04:12 Hello arneparne, May I have your model name as well? And can you provide more description about th ...
Hi Blake, Can we please know if ASUS is aware of this issue and if so if it's currently looking for a solution? Thanks.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
at last .boot the windows into safemode with networking. recheck the problems once again

anas_jbs
Star I
Ok, apparently yesterday my laptop automatically updated its BIOS. Today I have checked and the issue with the lines, etc is gone. The issue is fully solved in Skype although in browsers like Firefox and Chrome doing video calls results in only image and not audio. Permissions are granted. Neither audio in the input nor the output.The windows boot in safemode doesn't help either. Any recommendation?

Does anyone have an idea if this problem has a solution? I am having the same camera issue (on AC, but not on battery) on a UX581.