Ronnyy
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Trackpad is lagging
Model: Asus Tuf FX505DT
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: Yes

Hi I recently bought Asus Tuf FX505DT Ryzen 5/Gtx 1650 variant laptop is amazing screen,keyboard,performance everything is pretty great but the trackpad is terrible i have lag random click when lag and skipping once every 15 mins or so for 3-5sec and then its back to normal. I updated windows, downloaded all drivers from support page and updated them even tried generic drivers for trackpard reset windows multiple times still nothing not able to solve this isssue i can still return the laptop till 7th dec. so my last option is to ask on this fourm if there is any fix for trackpad issue. please help if you know anything i really like this laptop but my use case need a decent working trackpad. i'll try to make a video of the issue and upload it. Thank is advance
24 REPLIES 24

jbenitmo
Star II
tedl564 posted on 2019/12/23 02:13 Have you tried installing the generic Windows 10 driver for the HID compliant touchpad under Human I ...
Yes, I have installed it. I have also installed different versions for other models that have been commented on in various forums: - 11.0.0.27 - 11.0.0.30 - 12.0.0.20 - Asus Smart Gesture ver4012 Another thing I've also done: - Adjust sensitivity - Adjust pointer speed - Disable "improve pointer precision" - Disable touchpad gestures The problem is not configuration, or software ... I've tried everything.

tedl564
Star I
Last edited by tedl564 on 2019/12/25 18:57
jbenitmo posted on 2019/12/23 15:42 Yes, I have installed it. I have also installed different versions for other models that have been ...
I also tried changing my windows page file size from a default smaller value to current value of 400Mb Minimum and about 2000Mb Maximum. Setting the minimum to a larger value helped.

jbenitmo
Star II
tedl564 posted on 2019/12/26 00:54 I also tried changing my windows page file size from a default smaller value to current value of 40 ...
For my laptop nothing of software configuration will solve this fault. Here is the video with the problem in the BIOS menu. https://youtu.be/wFqefUVSUxo Here I tell my problem: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-283686-1-1.html

soii_fabrizio
Star II
Hello, on 2019 i have bought a Flagship Premium 2019 Asus TUF FX705GM, and since the first day i noticed the same issue, my touchpad suddenly stops working for a few seconds, and it clicks randomly, and when i make movement with my finger in the touchpad, the pointer moves and stop, moves and stop, moves and stop. I updated all drivers, reinstalled windows with hard disk reset, i change for an SSD disk, and im still with this problem, i been several times in touch with ASUS customer service, and they didnt know how to fix this. Another thing is that even using an external mouse, i suffer this. Anyone could fix this? Thanks Fabrizio

soii_fabrizio
Star II
Helo again, nobody has a solution? I chatted several times with ASUS and they tell me i had to bring my laptop to a service center in the US, but i live in Uruguay so thats impossible for me. Ive been thinking in buying a touchpad replacement and replace it myself, but, that will solve the issue? Its a shame that ASUS has this issue in such an expensive laptop. Im really annoyed about this. Will never buy ASUS again.