This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera does not focus

Description: Rear camera does not focus at all. It started 3 weeks ago intermitently, the picture coming into focus 60% of the time, after resetting camera settings. Now it does not work at all. The local asus service said that it must be a software problem as the camera module works fine. Please give instructions and fix bug. Thank you.
App Name: Zenfone Pixel Camera
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime I try to use the app
Firmware/App Version: WW_15.0410.1807.75_0
Model: ZE520KL
RAM: 3GB

Last edited by vladimirpfilip on 2019/12/13 14:29
9 REPLIES 9

jkatkits
Star I
Same issue in Sweden. ASUS customer services have never heard of the problem before, even if a simple search on the web shows large number of posts about the same problem. From other ASUS customer services they mean that they will change the camera module, regardless of warranty time expired or not. ASUS should issue a generic order to all their services to act accordingly.

I totally agree, but of course they don't care about older models. 

jkatkits
Star I
Today's (2019-12-20) answer from ASUS: Currently it is not possible to say that there is an issue with the camera module. Haha! I sent them screenshots of this forum, where dussins of people are complaining about the same issue, but ASUS cannot say that there is an issue with the camera modul.

Yes, basic denial of responsibility answer...