sleepee
Star I
Model: ZE520KL
RAM: 3GB
Firmware/App Version: WW_15.0410.1807.75_0
Rooted: No
App Name: Play store, Download manger
Description: Play store application download/update issue

Hi, I have a ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL) with the latest official firmware (WW_15.0410.1807.75_0) and I have problems with the play store downloads and updates. It started about 1,5 month ago. When I try to download an application or and update the process stucks at the "waiting for download" message. I already read tons of articles how to solve this issue but none of them helped. I cleared cache, did application reset and last time I did a complete factory reset on my phone. Unfortunately the issue comes up again and again. I tried to find out why happens this and it seems the download manage is the problem. When I try to download something it stuck at "waiting for download" message and sometimes it starts after 10 minutes, sometimes after a few hours and sometimes after a day. I have an application built by my mobile service carrier and sometimes I downloading my account statement from there and I found that the downloads are not starting here as well. It happened several times, that I choose my file from this system again and again, sometimes 10 times and nothing happened. BUT, Next day the file were donwloaded 10 times without my interaction. For me, it seems the download manager has some kind of issue. I cleared its cache, deleted data - sometimes it helps but now mostly not. When I'm using browsers and donwloading something it works without any problem. Is here any chance to update or downgrade and just reinstall this application? Is there any permanent fix to this issue? Cache clearing, data deleting, application reseting, phone reseting not solves this problem...
1 REPLY 1

wai_hon_leong
Star I
This is a "dead" phone to Asus, there will be no more updates or fixes, or anything that will be available for it. About a year after the release of a phone, Asus will slowly kill it off so that you have to buy a new phone.