onaj_igor
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: Touchpad issue
Model: ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

I purchase this laptop two weeks ago. From the start there was problem with touchpad. Touchpad is unresponsive and skips alot which was very frustrating. I tried installing all the drivers, new ones, old ones but nothing helped. I contacted ASUS customer service and they also suggested all this things but in the end they told me to send laptop to the service. So I took my laptop and hand it over to the store where i bought it. Four days passed and they call me to tell me that they sent my laptop to the service centar and they couldn't repair the problem so I got new laptop - same model as the old one (ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA). Yea, same story with this one. I am very dissapointed because this is second laptop with this problem. I have all the newest drivers installed and the problem is still here. If anybody have some solution please help me. Thanks
57 REPLIES 57

duboissonny
Star I
blake_ASUS posted on 2019/11/19 13:21 Dear all, May I know your touchpad driver version? The latest one is ASUS Precision Touchpad V12.0.0 ...
My touchpad driver's version is v 12.0.0.24

avm_andrey
Star I
same issue here...got flip 13, returned, got flip 14 same issue- pointer does not sit still sometimes while touching touchpad, not sure how to describe....it skips some beats

savanpatil1
Star I
I'm thinking to buy this laptop - asus zenbook flip 14 um462/431 da....but seeing these issuing , I'm having second thoughts ,.... should i not care and go for it or buy other, like hp Pavilion x360 dh1010tu? Please help

jbenitmo
Star II
I searched YouTube for the disassembly of some ASUS laptops that have problems with the touchpad (UX330, UX501, UX534, FX504 / 505). I have also sought the disassembly of other similar portaliles in design of other brands (with the battery under the touchpad). I put a picture where you can see that ASUS laptops have no protection for electromagnetic interference (EMI). [img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9711/1jufxN.jpg[/img]

mbak565
Star I
I can confirm I have the latest driver (12.0.0.24) I have also tested using older drivers and found that the problem is either worse or unaffected. Until this issue is fixed I would definitely recommend avoiding this laptop. The warranty allows me to replace it, but it seems all replacements have the same issue.