rcam07
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR1.180610.009.WW_Phone-16.0615.1910.112-0
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Hi! I can't seem to record videos using the built-in camera while my earphones(stock) or anything is plugged in. An error flashes and closes when I hit the record button. I have updated everything, and tried what was suggested in the forums and nothing seems to work Even tried this "Hi all, After the relevant team's investigation, this issue may be caused by Google related apps. If you are experiencing this issue, we would suggest that you first clear the background apps in recent app list. However, some services may still be running in the background and cannot be cleared. In this case, we would advise that users try: 1) Update Google related apps. 2) Check if other recorder apps are failing to work as well. 3) Tap and hold the home button to launch Google Assistant and make sure the Google Assistant's Mic is working normally without being stuck. Then, close Google Assistant. Lastly, you may check if the camera recording is working normally. Thank you." but still having the error.
4 REPLIES 4

wai_hon_leong
Star I
Asus will always be quick to blame other apps than to really look into the problem and solving it. Tough luck.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi rcam, Please make sure to update all the Google related apps or services. Please also make sure to clear all the apps in the background. Please try relaunching Google assistant and make sure it is working normally. If the problem still appears, you may let us know. Thank you and have a nice day 🙂

rcam07
Star I
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/11/22 09:20 Hi rcam, Please make sure to update all the Google related apps or services.
Hi Jei_ASUS, Thank you for the reply. I have updated everything from apps to services, cleared all the apps in the background, and google assistant is working normally. But still get the error when trying to record a video while earphones is plugged in.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
rcam posted on 2019/11/22 10:12 Hi Jei_ASUS, Thank you for the reply.
Hi rcam, Please check your PM for a message I have sent you. Thank you 🙂