sk80au
Star I
ZF Model: ZE554KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 4.4.78
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by sk80au on 2019/11/18 09:35 Hi, Ive connected an extrnal microphone to my phone's headphone jack to record some audio but I hear a clipping noise and recorded audio sounds really bad. Someone told me that it could be the phone issue not sending enough power to the mic. But I'm not sure if the mic needs any power to operate. Wondering what would be the impedance of the 3.5mm jack for the mic! Thanks, Sam
2 REPLIES 2

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi sk80au, Please help us provide your firmware version: Settings > System > About Phone > Software information Have you tried with other external microphones? When recording with the phone's microphone, does the problem appear? Which app are you using to record? What is the version? Could you help us provide the brand and model of the microphone? Thank you and have a nice day 🙂

sk80au
Star I
Hi, See below: Build number: OPR1.170623.032 I dont have any other external microphones but I tested the same mic with Google Pixel 3a and it worked fine. Ive used two apps, ASR and AudioTools and both had the same issue. Microphone is Dayton imm-6 with 200ohm impedance. I need to know how much power the internal ADC is providing to the microphone and what is the impedance.