Did you mean: 

i5 8300H speed on FX504GE throttling to base frequency and lower

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Severe Power Throttling locks CPU speed to base
Model: ASUS TUF FX504GE
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by richie.patnaik on 2019/10/27 18:02 I have an ASUS TUF FX504GE with i5 8300H and a 1050Ti. My problem is the CPU speed throttling. All PC games run fine, but when I try to run a CPU intensive program like RPCS3 emulator, the CPU speed locks itself to base speed (2.29 GHz, and lower at times), after about 2 minutes of the program running, and refuses to use turbo speed. How do I force the CPU to run at turbo speed? Throttlestop limits window shows VR Thermal in red for all 3 things, and other reasons in yellow are Thermal, PL2, and EDP Other. I can't undervolt more than -135mv, and the cinebench scores are disastrously low (300 to 600cb).The CPU keeps forcibly downclocking itself and refusing to go above base speed even when CPU is getting taxed. Please tell me some way to fix the CPU speed throttling and extremely high temps (80 to 90 degrees). Should I just use thermal pads/paste and a clean up? And isn't there any possibility for a BIOS update to remove the TDP limit that keeps locking the CPU speed?
13 REPLIES 13

I could install Linux, but that's not my preferred OS, as I do most of my tasks on Windows. Also, Linux doesn't support many of the Windows programs that I use.

RAJU2529 posted on 2019/11/9 22:12 At last, will you install Linux ubuntu and recheck the CPU while working.
OK, I tried Linux Ubuntu, but the same problem persists. Doesn't look like anything changed. CPU speed drops as low as 1.4Ghz.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
richie.patnaik posted on 2019/11/10 18:25 OK, I tried Linux Ubuntu, but the same problem persists. Doesn't look like anything changed. CPU s ...
try the methods which is described in the website https://www.wintips.org/fix-cpu-not-running-at-full-speed-in-windows-10/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95574-change-maximum-processor-frequency-windows-10-a.html

S_H
Star II
instead of fixing FX504, ASUS released FX505 with no throttle