gszkop
Star III
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: OLED screen quality
Model: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

I bought Zenbook Pro Duo and the first thing that caught my eye was the uneven backlight of the screen. When displaying e.g. 5% gray, using a video on YouTube at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4Wy7vE8-o&t=124s and reducing the screen backlight, you can see a large unevenness in the brightness of the backlight. I will point out that the problems I describe can be seen best in a dark room, when working during the day the problems are not visible or are very poorly visible.
48 REPLIES 48

braintheboss
Star I
gszkop posted on 2019/11/2 21:02 Yes. I check with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4Wy7vE8-o
i will do when i finish win10 pro installation. I dont like Home

rodrigo_perez
Star I
@gsztop I looked at your pictures and am not seeing a bright line across the middle of the screen. In all of the new pictures all that I can see is that the left side of the screen is considerably brighter than the rest of the screen. I guess that I must've gotten a good one as I am not seeing anything like your photos. How low are you setting your brightness to see this? I can go almost all the way down and the image still looks good to me. But, if you're well below the normal brightness that you operate the screen at, why worry about what it looks like? You will never run it that low normally, so it shouldn't really matter what it looks like. Does the screen look even at normal brightness levels?

gszkop
Star III
on the photo attached earlier I marked the red area with a lighter line.  It can be seen on any screen brightness but mainly on a gray screen and in the dark.

braintheboss
Star I
Clean installation is being painful. While I can make work wifi for check your request I send you grain problem. You have set scale to 100% for see it clearer and brightness high. Its not camera effect. Even soft effect. In person is worster

gszkop
Star III
please attach photo with 5% grey in darkness and low brightnes