gszkop
Star III
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: OLED screen quality
Model: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

I bought Zenbook Pro Duo and the first thing that caught my eye was the uneven backlight of the screen. When displaying e.g. 5% gray, using a video on YouTube at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4Wy7vE8-o&t=124s and reducing the screen backlight, you can see a large unevenness in the brightness of the backlight. I will point out that the problems I describe can be seen best in a dark room, when working during the day the problems are not visible or are very poorly visible.
48 REPLIES 48

gszkop
Star III
and how the screen in the second?

braintheboss
Star I
Ok. I got third laptop. It have same issue as previous. As I had first laptop in ASUS UK service and they told is defective then all laptops are defective. Anyway with default windows zoom ( 250% ) effect is less visible. When you set 100% and load IE browser all white area is a disaster. I will keep it and I will send to repair in a few months when maybe Samsung have better quality production. Anyway very bad sell this laptop with this problem... Im really very dissapoint. Only good news is this unit have a very good CPU. 90º in Cinebech R15 making 1710 in stock ( even repeating some times ). With UV i got 1775 but is because stock settings make CPU max frequency not reach max. Really I feel I can be closer 1850 with better setup. I saw units below 1550 in some reviews

gszkop
Star III
can you attach a photo with this defect?  Can you also take and attach a photo taken in total darkness, with a screen with low brightness and 5% gray?

braintheboss
Star I
Last edited by braintheboss on 2019/11/2 21:03 Yes. I will do. About gray, what kind of gray? can you send me link of background used?

gszkop
Star III
Yes. I check with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4Wy7vE8-o