angus_ominous
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Zenbook Pro Duo shuts down randomly
Model: Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: Yes

Especially when gaming, the Zenbook Pro Duo just suddenly shuts down. It shouldn't be because of overheating. Sometimes it happens just a few minutes after a game has been started. Anyone else have this problem? I've checked all my drivers and even tried downgrading some, but no change.
23 REPLIES 23

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
angus.ominous posted on 2019/11/2 13:07 Well, my OS is in finnish, so I don't know how that's possible.
change the language under Settings-- time&date--language

angus_ominous
Star I
RAJU2529 posted on 2019/11/2 13:07 change the language under Settings-- time&date--language
There you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vfK5ii-SeOwePNMLHNp6NWU-BwlI9Wmv

darktears31
Star III
I posted a similar issue, but my thread was deleted due to the migration of this new forum.
Question to you: do you have the laptop connected to an external monitor? If so is the lid closed? Also did you set the fan mode to turbo?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Hey dark tears31, may I know which issue you facing now.
Did you scanned the C drive with good ANTIVIRUS software.
Is the issues are still happened in safemode also

darktears31
Star III
@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS I commented back in my thread (now removed) that if you have Turbo Fan Mode on, an external monitor connected over Type-C and the lid closed under heavy load (compilation for e.g.) the laptop will turn off by itself. If I turn off the Turbo Mode no issue (but then my compile time is way slower). If I let the lid open it doesn't turn off (turbo mode or not). As I explained in detail in the thread, I had setup the laptop to never sleep when Lid is closed and connected to power). I traced why the laptop would go in sleep mode and the AsusOptimizationService is the culprit sending a shutdown event for no reason. If I turn off this service, I do not have the issue (but then I lose a bunch of functionalities like hotkeys and stuff). I did a detailed analysis and nobody from Asus did seem to care (which is also one of the reasons I will no buy Asus again, this and the numerous bugs). Your Antivirus suggestion doesn't make any sense so does the safemode since AsusOptimization will disabled therefore the issue will not trigger.