alicnc2002
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW16.0615.1910.112
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hello everyone,As soon as I updated my phone to V16.0615.1908.109,every time i try to have a phone call, screen will remain on. I tested thesensor by both Asus build in application (.12345+= in calculator) alsodownloaded separate application from Google store, both confirm that sensor isfine. whenever I reset the phone, everything works fine, but after a while,maybe 2~3 phone calls, yet the problem acquired again. I tried to switch on andoff the sensor during the calls from settings in "call menu". unfortunatelyno change and i have to reset the phone every time. even after updating to 16.0615.1910.112, it is not fixed. looking forward for you advises. Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi alicnc2002, To activate the proximity sensor during a call, please make sure you are not using earphones. Please make sure to turn on the proximity sensor: Contacts app > Tap the upper right three dots > Settings > Call screen > Turn on proximity sensor. Thank you 🙂

alicnc2002
Star I
Last edited by alicnc2002 on 2019/10/31 13:48 Hi Jei, Thanks for the reply. I'm not using earphone at all. also as I mentioned, proximity sensor is on, in call screen settings. the only temporary solution is to reset the phone, and it will work again for few hours. then again this will happen. i also attached two screenshots, same condition, sensor not working during a phone call and screen will remain on. Thanks.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
alicnc2002 posted on 2019/10/31 18:43 Hi Jei, Thanks for the reply. I'm not using earphone at all. also as I mentioned, proximity sensor ...
Hi alicnc2002, Thanks for your reply. Please check your PM for a message I have sent you. Thank you 🙂

Hello! I had the same problem. Apparently fixed it by disabling and enabling again the proximity setting. It's working fine for a few hours now. Hope it helps!