uspenskiy_ua
Star III
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 059
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Bluetooth aptx

Hi, I recently updated to the 059 firmware and noticed that Bluetooth sound quality significantly decreases as well as max volume is too low. I am using headphones that support aptx (I see notification that it is turned on). I am comparing sound using same apps/same file on my Asus phone, old iPad and Windows laptop. Both quality and max volume are way worse on Asus phone which was not the case before. What I have done so far: - tried to 'Disable Absolute volume' in Dev settings - reset Bluetooth/wifi settings - reset all apps settings Still no luck. Moreover it also sounds as if left/right channels are not balanced. And it also sounds that switching Aptx on and off (in Bluetooth settings) does not affect sound quality at all - therefore my guess would be that aptx is not working (although shows to be active). I was trying to see HCI log - but it's not working - no log file is produced to further investigate the issue. Thank you in advance for your help.
11 REPLIES 11

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
uspenskiy.ua posted on 2019/10/29 19:05 I don't have second Bluetooth headset unfortunately, but I do following comparisons with my current ...
Hi uspenskiy.ua After the relevant team's confirmation,V059 no change BT related factor. BT has compatibility to every device, recommend to provide BT device model to help clearify issue HCI log was hide by system from Android P, need getting from bug report. We recommend you recording unit log + bug report to check if Aptx workable.Please help to check the message in box and kindly respond if possible. Thank you:)

uspenskiy_ua
Star III
Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/10/31 09:29 Hi uspenskiy.ua After the relevant team's confirmation,V059 no change BT related factor.
Ok, before doing that I want to ask last question: I recently got the idea that some sound settings could have been modified by Equalizer app (recently installed several) - like Sound Enhancement settings. If I do factory reset - can you confirm that sound settings would also be back to factory set settings? Thank you

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
uspenskiy.ua posted on 2019/10/31 21:04 Ok, before doing that I want to ask last question: I recently got the idea that some sound settin ...
Hi uspenskiy.ua Equalizer apps would affect sound quality. This is considered as the third-party app issue. We would suggest you bring sound settings to their default factory and help us clarify whether this problem is still appearing Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

taras28ua
Star I
Last edited by taras28ua on 2019/11/16 18:47 https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234637&mobile=2 As I mentioned earlier, all was great on oreo.  So I bought tws headphones, sound is like not all its potential, it's like phone try to cut all frequencies to the same level. And again I tried them with my old phone, and there are no drops or any cuts, and sound is much louder. Pls Asus bring normal Bluetooth back.  I can just add, that all Bluetooth quality related options in engineer menu (or developers menu idk correct translation), aren't changeable, if i change smth, and go back, it returns to default. Maybe this will help you to solve this problem?  No sound enhancers are in use. P.S it's already 5 months, that I can't use my Bluetooth speaker, and now the same will be with headphones, because sound quality is shit. Pls fix this asap.

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
Last edited by Selena_ASUS on 2019/11/22 10:00
taras28ua posted on 2019/11/16 23:46 https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234637&mobile=2
Hi taras28ua We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue We recommend you recording unit log + bug report to check if bluetooth audio workable in developer options Would you please help to check the message in box and kindly respond if possible. Thank you:)