atclate
Star I
ASUS6 Model: ZS630KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR2.181005.003.WW_Phone-16.1211.1906.5-0
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Spotify, Amazon Music, Poweramp

Last edited by atclate on 2019/8/20 12:34 The audio Jack has continuous whirling interference-like noise. It happens when the music is soft/low in volume, or a few seconds after I pause the music. It happens in the following music apps: Spotify, Amazon Music, Poweramp (playing local files), even when using the built in AudioWizard's "Play music preview". One way I could stop it from happening in Poweramp is to set the Sample Rate of the Hi-Res Output to 44.1k. but then that is not Hi-Res anymore. I really like the form factor and the camera of the phone, and one of the biggest reason I bought this phone is because it still has a build in headphone jack. Please help figure this out and issue an update to fix this if possible, so that I can enjoy the phone. Thank you. P.S. I just realized this happens when I'm charging the phone and listening to music through the headphone jack at the same time. I'm guessing this is a hardware issue. It is intermittent when the phone is not charging.
5 REPLIES 5

chernobyl1999
Star I
Last edited by chernobyl1999 on 2019/10/24 14:43
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/10/4 10:44 Hi atulan.lahiri, According to the situation you have described, what we would advise is that you ...
It is NOT a hardware problem. I don't notice this problem if I use a good player (Onkyo, UAPP, Poweramp Hi-res). But I hear these noises when listen Deezer or Yandex Music. Asus, please do something to reduce Android impact on sound!!! Good players which I described above can produce really clear sound without any noises. I use high-sensitive earphones AudioTechnica IM02. Another problem is a loud high-pitched sound when I insert minijack to the smartphone.