This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't record video when headset is plugged in.

Jaye
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 1G
Firmware/APP Version: 102 version
Frequency of Occurrence: Always since i updated to pie
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Having error when recording video when headphone or external.mic is plugged in but everything is working well without headset. I already clear cache and cookies and do a master reset on my device. All other users also experienced this bug.
12 REPLIES 12

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi all, After the relevant team's investigation, this issue may be caused by Google related apps. If you are experiencing this issue, we would suggest that you first clear the background apps in recent app list. However, some services may still be running in the background and cannot be cleared. In this case, we would advise that users try: 1) Update Google related apps. 2) Check if other recorder apps are failing to work as well. 3) Tap and hold the home button to launch Google Assistant and make sure the Google Assistant's Mic is working normally without being stuck. Then, close Google Assistant. Lastly, you may check if the camera recording is working normally. Thank you. 🙂

I just updated the system earlier hoping that this year-long error would be resolved. To my disappointment, still I cannot record videos when my earphones is on. . . If I won't get a response again with this, you just lost another customer.

Note:
I updated all google apps;
other recording apps like ASUS sound recorder, band lab, mp3 sound recorder, works perfectly fine;
Google assistant's mic works;

email me at roxas.vfm@gmail.com for answers please.

Mattagazzu
Star I
victor.francis.roxas

I just updated the system earlier hoping that this year-long error would be resolved. To my disappointment, still I cannot record videos when my earphones is on. . . If I won't get a response again with this, you just lost another customer.

Note:

I updated all google apps;

other recording apps like ASUS sound recorder, band lab, mp3 sound recorder, works perfectly fine;

Google assistant's mic works;

email me at roxas.vfm@gmail.com for answers please.

View post
It's incredible ....more than one year to solve a stupid problem...and it is here yet....
Only stock camera has this problem...no one single other camera app has...no other app in general. But it seems for Asus easier give a stupid and useless answer than try to solve....i use Google cam....much better....and it supports very well our device.
Asus lost me since the second month of use....