atclate
Star I
ASUS6 Model: ZS630KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR2.181005.003.WW_Phone-16.1211.1906.5-0
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Spotify, Amazon Music, Poweramp

Last edited by atclate on 2019/8/20 12:34 The audio Jack has continuous whirling interference-like noise. It happens when the music is soft/low in volume, or a few seconds after I pause the music. It happens in the following music apps: Spotify, Amazon Music, Poweramp (playing local files), even when using the built in AudioWizard's "Play music preview". One way I could stop it from happening in Poweramp is to set the Sample Rate of the Hi-Res Output to 44.1k. but then that is not Hi-Res anymore. I really like the form factor and the camera of the phone, and one of the biggest reason I bought this phone is because it still has a build in headphone jack. Please help figure this out and issue an update to fix this if possible, so that I can enjoy the phone. Thank you. P.S. I just realized this happens when I'm charging the phone and listening to music through the headphone jack at the same time. I'm guessing this is a hardware issue. It is intermittent when the phone is not charging.
5 REPLIES 5

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Moved to Global Section

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi atclate, Could you check if you have updated to the latest firmware version WW-90.11.162.98? If the problem is still appearing in this version, please tell me the brand and model of the headphones you are using. Does this problem appear when using the original inbox earphones? Could you tell me the app versions of the apps you mentioned? Thank you 🙂

atulan_lahiri
Star I
Hi, I've been facing this problem, too, right from the time I bought this phone. Looks like a chronic hardware problem. I've made peace with it. In fact, even if the phone is not on charge and I connect the phone to an external amp (like my car's aux input) through the headphone jack, the problem persists. I don't face this problem while connecting through Bluetooth though

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
atulan.lahiri posted on 2019/9/21 17:25 Hi, I've been facing this problem, too, right from the time I bought this phone. Looks like a chroni ...
Hi atulan.lahiri, According to the situation you have described, what we would advise is that you have the unit sent in for an assessment and servicing where necessary. The link below will help in finding your local service center: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/