scott_hales1
Star I
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No
Model: UX581GV
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Computer will not stay in sleep mode
System: Windows 10

So I am now having my second issue with my ZenBook Pro Duo. It will not stay in sleep mode. I hate to keep complaining about this laptop, but I absolutely love it and just want these issues fixed. It will go to sleep when I close the lid, but it will then wake up about 10 seconds later and be fully powered up with the screen closed. It will get very hot because of the design of this laptop to be lifted when open and being used. I am not going to keep restoring my PC for every little issue, so I will not restore again since it will take days to reinstall everything again. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
in powersettings in Windows, change the lid button settings

scott_hales1
Star I
RAJU2529 posted on 2019/9/16 00:53 in powersettings in Windows, change the lid button settings
Yeah I guess I just figured this was something I already did since I went into such detail. This was the very first thing I did. I figured the forums were really for more advanced users and this is a pretty obvious thing to do first. Thanks for responding though.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
scott.hales1 posted on 2019/9/17 07:30 Yeah I guess I just figured this was something I already did since I went into such detail. This ...
Hello scott.hales1, Thank you for reporting. May you provide a screenshot of you " Power Options "? Especially the setting for "Chose what closing the lid does". I would like to test it myself and ask our technical support for further escalation. Thank you very much.

Fredeaf
Star I
Im having the same issue, not just when closing the lid, but also when having the laptop open and just pressing the spower button, it doesnt stay in sleep mode and after some time it'll wake up. Sometimes its almost instantly, other times its after a longer period of time, seems random. Both lid and power button is set to sleep, both on battery and ac, just like Scott's settings.