apatrza1
Star II
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR.180610.009.WW_user_90.11.162.98_20190816
Frequency of Occurrence: Continuos
Rooted: No
APP Name: Text Send Sound

Last edited by apatrza1 on 2019/9/13 19:51 At the moment of sending a text, a sound is issued from the phone that sounds like a notification sound. For the last few weeks this sound has been degrading. The degradation started as a raspy chirp at the end of the sound but is now closer to a raspy pop. The send notification sound doesn't change when a new received message notification sound is selected. The popping is only associated with the send notification sound. I don't know how to change the send notification sound.
3 REPLIES 3

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi apatrza1, We're afraid we are not seeing this same condition on our ZS620KL. Please tell us your Messages version. Could you show us a short video of the problem? To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. Is your phone in ringtone mode when this happens? Could you show us a screenshot of the volume level? Thank you 🙂

apatrza1
Star II
Messages ver 4.6.375 (Imp_RC21_xxhdpi.arm64-V8a.phone) I don't know how to capture the sound of outgoing text messages nor change the volume of that sound. It seems to be set at a rather loud setting without a way to noticeably lower it. The ringtone volume is midscale. Also, in regard to the sound in general, the volume changes seem to be linear rather than logarithmic. i.e. the volume stays somewhat constant while changing. If it's logarithmic, then the rate constant is messed up. To be clear, the reference is to the perception of volume is logarithmic, not linear.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
apatrza1 posted on 2019/9/19 23:08 Messages ver 4.6.375 (Imp_RC21_xxhdpi.arm64-V8a.phone) I don't know how to capture the sound of outg ...
Hi apatrza1, Could you record a short video for us with another device? Thank you. Could you tell us do you mean the volume change seems to be linear or logarithmic in this device? Thank you 🙂