scviper576
Star I
APP Name: Flashlight
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ZC554KL_15.2016.1907.519_20190724
RAM: 3G
ZF Model: ZE554KL

The flash on the back of the phone does not function at all I tried using other flashlight apps and the light didn't turn on at all. Is there a way to reset the flash/flashlight in the phone? I can't figure out how to put the phone into safe mode to test if it works that way. Please tell me how to do that. Thanks for your help.
7 REPLIES 7

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
Hi scviper576 Please help me run the SMMI test to verify if the hardware can function normally. For instructions please refer to the link below: http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=54669&highlight=SMMI Do you face this in safe mode too? Long press power button> long press power off option> Ok> you will enter safe mode. We did not face this yet. Please help to check,thank you:)

Last edited by strangeburningsensation on 2019/9/4 08:33 SMMI Test works fine for me. The issue at hand is that the Update changes and locks down the APN. This update seems to have weird effects for everyone. Also, my hotspot settings were in spanish for some reason. Factory wipe didn't fix it. How do we downgrade the firmware?

scviper576
Star I
I fixed it the same way I fixed my other Asus I tapped it in my hand

I'm also experiencing the same issue right now. I tried installing flashlight apps but it does not work. And the flashlight icon is unclickable. When I tried my back flash for camera, it is working. How do I fix this without running a factory reset?