clupie
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_16_0615_1907_105
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
Rooted: No
APP Name: -

Hello, These has happened to my ZE620KL after updating to the latest firmware (WW-16.0615.1907.105): 1) fast charging not working - I am using original cable and charger. also tried different cable and different (qc3.0) charger. - tried to charge in all mode (standard, idle (airplane mode), safe mode, idle & safe mode, turned off). - no fast charging in all conditions above. 2) USB OTG not detected. - tried different USB OTG Drives (some type-C and type-A with adapter, all of them are FAT partitions). none worked. 3) Unable to connect to pc for file transfer (only charge). - tried using both original cable and other data cable for connecting to PC. also tried different laptops. none worked. 3) phone-unlocking by fingeprint lagged a bit. it was instantaneous before upgrade. Please help. thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

harshit_cc
Star I
It looks like there is new firmware available here - https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5-ZE620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/ Did anyone try this?

clupie
Star I
harshit_cc, Those problems i posted were caused by updating to the newest official firmware there. oh, by the way, I put my phone in the freezer until the battery temp is below 40F, take it out, and charge it. VOILA, fast charging worked! definitely firmware issue here...