karloson
Star III
ZF Model: ZC520KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: android 9
Frequency of Occurrence: always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

After downngrade from Android 9 BETA firmware to Android 8.1, the phone asks me for password. I have tried all variants of my passwords PIN codes etc., but without success and finaly I made hard reset. What kind of pasword I must enter? And most important question is: When will ASUS stop mocking with its users?
8 REPLIES 8

karloson
Star III
Last edited by vdishev on 2019/8/1 19:50
Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/8/1 05:28 Hi vdishev Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
When downgrade process is completed and the phone restarts (without wiping data/settings), he shows me black screen and asks me entering password. My screen unlocks with PIN code and fingerprint. I've tried PIN - "wrong password" message. I have tried my Google account password - same message. So I ask - what password should I enter? The problem solves with entering recovery mode and wiping data (hard reset), which I think is generally needed when updating/downgrading from one version of android to another, but I am curious what kind of password is required

Hakemon
Star I
I've explained that to you. Password databases change, and upgrades allow for a seamless migration. Downgrading however does not. You should ALWAYS wipe when downgrading. That is just how things work. You only have forward migration, not backwards migration. Even if you had no password set up on your phone, the database is still there because it's encrypted, therefore it simply cannot be read.

milkyali
Star I
Hi,
Can someone guide me the steps & process to downgrade android 9 to android 8.1 for Asus ZC520kl.

Velvan
Star II
If it asks password,then simply go to recovery,wipe data,cache, that's all, your problem will be solved