Hotspot /tethering problem

alancwwong
Star I
Model: ZA550KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/App Version:
Rooted:
App Name:

Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/7/30 16:07 My phone has problem sharing internet connection with my tablets via hotspot/tethering Model ASUS_X00RD Android 8.0.0 Android Security Patch level 5 May 2019 Build number WW_Phone-15.01.1905.123 I have to enable and unable the SIM card in order to make it works but then I 'll have to do this every time I need to use hotspot/tethering because once I turn the hotspot/tethering off and turn it back on, it is not working again. I put my sim card to my old phone Asus Zenfone 5 lite it works fine. So it shouldn't be the SIM card problem. Please help Thank you Alan @ Australia
2 REPLIES 2

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/7/30 16:16 Hi alancwwong, once I turn the hotspot/tethering off and turn it back on, it is not working again --> Is the hotspot shown on the other device's WiFi list but cannot be connected? Or is the hotspot not shown on the other devices' WiFi list at all? Please tell us the process and in which step did the error occur. Please check if other devices can connect to your hotspot when this problem appears. Please tell us the device you tried to connect to your hotspot, and tell us your mobile network provider. You may show us a screenshot of your hotspot information and the error. This could help us greatly. We have hidden your Serial number in your post to ensure safety. Thank you 🙂

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi alancwwong, Please check your PM for a message I have sent you. Thank you 🙂