ikkigooners
Star II
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_16.0615.1908.109
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Last edited by ikkigooners on 2019/9/5 18:21 LOOK AT MY LAST POST, IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED SINCE THIS WAS POSTED.
Hi, ever since the new update, my camera took a blurry photo if the object is more than 1 meter (and infinity), the focus is fine with object less than 1 meter (up to around 10 cm). The firmware is WW.Phone-16.0615.1905.102-0 and my Camera app version is 4.2.11.4_19064.
  • I already tried to reset my phone twice, but it still takes a blurry photo.
  • Tried formatting cache partition, still blurry.
  • Resetting the camera app, still blurry.
  • Tried changing saving location from MicroSD to internal is still blurry
  • The bug is only in main camera, the ultra-wide is not affected.
  • Pro mode's manual focus is also take blurry photo even with the slider is cranked to infinite.
Here's the example in 10 cm distance (good focus): Here's when taking photo with 1+ meter (blurry): 100% crop, so blurry. Waiting for firmware fix ASAP.Can't afford to bring the phone to service center as the nearest service center is located at 5 hours driving (200+ km, shitty road) from my location. Thanks.
30 REPLIES 30

ikkigooners
Star II
Damn, no reply at all.. I've decided to bring my phone to service center, and they said the camera hardware is okay, they simply downgrade the firmware and the camera came back clear, but after upgrading the firmware to the latest version, the blurry camera is back. I think the culprit is faulty firmware 16.0615.1905.102 Trying to downgrade it again to see if it is indeed the latest firmware that faulty. Brb.

ikkigooners
Star II
Now it has firmware 16.0615.1907.105 and the camera version is 4.2.11.5_190702 but it is still blurry. The service center did nothing but downgrading the firmware. Come on Asus, you guys better than this...

ikkigooners posted on 2019/7/20 08:53 Damn, no reply at all.. I've decided to bring my phone to service center, and they said the camera ...
What version of firmware are you currently using after the downgrade?

ikkigooners
Star II
sutami.machful posted on 2019/8/26 13:33 What version of firmware are you currently using after the downgrade?
It was WW_16.0615.1905.100, and then 105 update came, it bring the problem back. Now another FAULTY update is coming, WW_16.0615.1908.109, it completely "destroy" camera quality... it can't even use manual focus.