fleodanj
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest firmware
Frequency of Occurrence: every time I use both
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hello ! So when I bought the ROG phone I thought why not get a Wireless ROG Headset to match with it and so I did get a ROG STRIX Fusion 700 on amazon. The problem is that whenever I pair them up sometimes the sound just turns off completely and so I can't listen to music, take calls or go on netflix... It seems that it happens when the mobile network has some fluctuations (like going from 4G+ to 4G or else ) and I could understand it with calls but with music that is saved on the phone not really or even games that doesn't need for me to use mobile Data, still no sound ... I tested it at all stages of battery charge on the phone and Headset but nothing changes at all.... I go to work in about an hour and a half, 15minutes walking to the train station = no sound at all, waiting for the train ? still no sound. I get some sound after 10 minutes in the train and it goes back off as soon as I get into the subway/underground... The funny part ? both devices are bluetooth paired and less than 1 meter away from one another....
12 REPLIES 12

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi fleodanj, Please try clearing the pairing history and repair the bluetooth device again. Please try pairing your headset to other phones and check if the problem appears. Please also try pairing other headsets to your phone and check if the problem appears. If the problem still appears, kindly help me with the below questions: Whenever I pair them up sometimes the sound just turns off completely --> Is the bluetooth disconnected when this happens? Is the music stopped or playing? Does this happen immediately after pairing? with music that is saved on the phone not really or even games --> Could you tell me which music and gaming apps, and their app versions? Is there any error that can be seen on the phone? Or just no sound from your Bluetooth headset? 15minutes walking to the train station = no sound at all, waiting for the train ? still no sound. --> Have you checked the network strength? Does it appear on apps with no mobile data needed as well? Are you connected to WiFi or 4G? Thank you 🙂

fleodanj
Star I
- Please try clearing the pairing history and repair the bluetooth device again. Did it, seems to work without moving, have to try while going to work (the headset had no battery left so I had to charge it today) - Please try pairing your headset to other phones and check if the problem appears. Havent got any other phones to do that around me Please also try pairing other headsets to your phone and check if the problem appears. Had bought a Cowin E7 on amazon initially and returned it because I had music jumping forward or cutting off completely in the same conditions I used the Rog Phone and Rog Headset. (not to mention the poor quality of sound from the Cowin, it's cheap and I understood why pretty quickly) If the problem still appears, kindly help me with the below questions: Whenever I pair them up sometimes the sound just turns off completely --> Is the bluetooth disconnected when this happens? Yes Indeed Is the music stopped or playing? On the phone it is playing (through google play music) Does this happen immediately after pairing? Unfortunately Yes with music that is saved on the phone not really or even games --> Could you tell me which music and gaming apps, and their app versions? All the latest versions of : Google play music / Netflix / Mad Dex 2 / Yu-gi-oh duel links / Marvel Strike Force / Rayman Adventures / Space wolf and a few other games Is there any error that can be seen on the phone?Nope Or just no sound from your Bluetooth headset? Yep 15minutes walking to the train station = no sound at all, waiting for the train ? still no sound. --> Have you checked the network strength? It fluctuates a lot during the train part (45/50 minutes) Does it appear on apps with no mobile data needed as well? It does (I guess Google Play Music doesn't need data to play music saved on the phone, at least I hope so otherwise it's dumb) and it happens on any app and even during calls. Are you connected to WiFi or 4G? 4G and I don't see why it would play a role for music (again unless Google play music needs mobile data to play the music saved on the phone which would be dumb)

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
fleodanj posted on 2019/7/3 04:51 - Please try clearing the pairing history and repair the bluetooth device again. Did it, seems to w ...
Hi fleodanj, Thanks for your reply. Could you show us a short video of the problem if possible? Is there no sound from your headset, but the phone shows that bluetooth is still connected? Or is the bluetooth disconnected and music stops playing? To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. Thank you 🙂

fleodanj
Star I
have no means of sharing any video at the moment but no sound from the helmet with bluetooth still connected, music still playing on the phone though I'll know for sure tomorrow if the reset of bluetooth pairings worked