brendax02
Star I
ZF Model: ZE554KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9 Pie
Frequency of Occurrence: Just now
Rooted: No
APP Name: Network mobile data

Yesterday, I updated my Zenfone 4 with the Android 9 Pie Beta, that was released at Asus website this week. It was all fine and perfect, until I went out today and tried to use my 4G. It just doesn't work anymore. The network mobile data function doesn't even turn on. I recorded my screen to try to show what is happening, because I have no idea what to do to solve this. :( https://youtu.be/h6pTJOev-PY
8 REPLIES 8

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
brendax02 posted on 2019/6/23 22:44 The problem, in my case, isn't with the carrier, is the OS. I tried different SIM cards to make sure ...
Hi brendax02, Is your carrier TIM and your location Brazil? Please provide us with information about your APN. 1) Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > enter "Access Point Names" and screenshot this page. 2) Tap Access Point Names > three dots on the top right > Reset to default > check if the problem is improved. Please also check your PM for a message I have sent you. Thank you 🙂

sejogue
Star I
I would follow Braulio's advice and try to bring the phone back to factory configuration and try again. Keep us posted on your results.

brendax02
Star I
Sorry for the delay guys 🙇 I searched for other ways to fix it, because I didn't want to format my phone and all. I really wasn't expecting this. Found out that something like this happened with phones of other brands. Tried everything. Didn't work. So yeah :( I did what Braulio said. Backup everything and format the phone. And now it works! Perfectly! I was so afraid that, even after format it, it didn't, so I'm really relieved that I did do it haha Thanks Braulio and everyone else for the support!

morpheusgeo
Star I
I have been looking for a solution to this all morning. I updated this morning and it all went down hill from there. I found a solution, though, on some obscure website. I tried it, with a lot of doubt, and it actually worked. Go to settings, then go into your network and internet menu. Then go into your mobile network menu. turn off the automatic network select option. As soon as you do that, a prompt will come up. something to do with scanning for a network. Agree to that and while it is scanning, hold power and turn your phone off. Give it a few seconds and turn it back on. My phone connected as soon as it turned back on. Weird and unexpected, but it worked for me.