dan_elliot
Star I
Model: ZC600KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 7.1.1
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: N/A
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/201906/10/213558cbhrwjou9j7wnrzg.jpg

My phone has just decided to stop connecting to any 5G networks. Even networks I've previously successfully connected to give me the same "authentication problem" and although it doesn't show up on the screenshot a grey box pops up telling me "password may be incorrect". As I said this is on networks where I've previously connected, including my home network where no settings have changed, so that's not the case. - No other devices have the problem. - I have reset the router numerous times - I have reset the phone numerous times. Occasionally it will connect for a few seconds, but never long. - I have turned WiFi off and on. - I have toggled airplane mode off and on. - I have reset network settings in the phone. Short of a full factory reset I'm at a loss for what to do next. Honestly if it comes to that I'll probably just go phone shopping and end the disappointment that is the Zenfone 5Q.
11 REPLIES 11

dan_elliot
Star I
Don't even see 5G wifi networks now.  Any further advice here Emilee_ASUS

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi dan.elliot, Does your wireless AP has another name for the 5G SSID? If you set up the SSID as the same name then you can't find out which one is 5G or 2.4G. Could you help me to check this matter with another router comes with 5G WiFi? If this problem still appears, I would suggest you backup phone files and factory reset. Sorry for any inconvenience.

rmjsaplot
Star I
FUCK that inconvenience. Give us the PIE update. It's already more than ONE YEAR yet this phone is stuck at NOUGAT.

dan_elliot
Star I
Emilee_ASUS, Mine did have both 2.4G and 5G with the same name. It had "smart steering" where it would automatically connect you to the best speed (2.4 or 5G). I couldn't connect to the network and had to manually set the smart steering in my router to put this phone on the 2.4G. Now I can log in, but speeds aren't great. Again, no other device in the house (other phones, tablets, laptops, printers, etc) has this problem. I cannot connect to any other 5G networks. As updated, the phone now doesn't even see 5G networks. That there are no other options but the factory reset is disappointing. If I take the time to do the reset and it still doesn't work it'd be a massive waste of my time. Has anyone ever actually solved a problem on this forum? Seems like theirs either no help or "wait for the update" which never comes.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
rmjsaplot posted on 2019/6/21 16:59 FUCK that inconvenience. Give us the PIE update. It's already more than ONE YEAR yet this phone is s ...
Hi rmjsaplot, We apologize for any unpleasant to keep you waiting so long. The new system is still under development and testing, please stay tuned with ZenTalk forum. Thanks and have a nice day. https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=39