dan_elliot
Star I
Model: ZC600KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 7.1.1
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: N/A
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/201906/10/213558cbhrwjou9j7wnrzg.jpg

My phone has just decided to stop connecting to any 5G networks. Even networks I've previously successfully connected to give me the same "authentication problem" and although it doesn't show up on the screenshot a grey box pops up telling me "password may be incorrect". As I said this is on networks where I've previously connected, including my home network where no settings have changed, so that's not the case. - No other devices have the problem. - I have reset the router numerous times - I have reset the phone numerous times. Occasionally it will connect for a few seconds, but never long. - I have turned WiFi off and on. - I have toggled airplane mode off and on. - I have reset network settings in the phone. Short of a full factory reset I'm at a loss for what to do next. Honestly if it comes to that I'll probably just go phone shopping and end the disappointment that is the Zenfone 5Q.
11 REPLIES 11

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/6/11 17:06 Hi dan.elliot, Good day. Has your firmware updated to WW-14.0400.1905.067? (settings> system >about phone > software information > build number) Have you tried to forget the SSID of 5G WiFi and reconnect it for a check? (1.) Please try to change the WifI security as "WAP2 PSK. (2.) Please also choose "Always" of "Keep WiFi on during sleep in the WiFi settings. If this problem still appears, please kindly let me know. Thank you.

dan_elliot
Star I
Emilee_ASUS, I'm on the latest software.  And have tried removing and adding the SSID.  Resetting network settings takes it a step further. Security is WPA2.  Always is selected on keep wifi... Daniel

rmjsaplot
Star I
another proof of that ASUS' service is a TRASH.

dan_elliot
Star I
In case it wasn't clear the problem is still happening.