didzlaureta
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 1G
Firmware/APP Version: 7.1.1
Frequency of Occurrence: LTE
Rooted: No
APP Name:

My Zenfone 5q's speaker is not working. During videocall, i cannot hear the caller's voice. When i play videos or music through the speakers, it will not produce any sound and during phone calls, i cannot hear the phone ringing and i cannot hear the callers voice. I really need help to solve this issue. For your kind consideration on my request. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/5/17 10:45 Hi didzlaureta, Good day. Is your firmware currently on the latest WW-14.0400.1903.065? (settings> system> about phone > software information> build number) Could you please kindly tell me which video call of app do you use? (App name and version) Does this problem appear if you play Google music or Youtube? Thank you.

didzlaureta
Star I
Hello, I am using messenger for the app. I am not sure of the version but i just updated it recently. It appears to have a problem with the speaker when playing music or videos in any app (google play, youtube, etc.) during phone calls, loud speaker does not work. But using the earpiece during normal phone calls is okay.  Thank you. 

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi didzlaureta, Good day. I've checked the following conditions on the latest system version WW-14.0400.1903.065, messenger version 216.0.0.20.114. (1.) I can hear the caller's voice during the video call (2.) The youtube automatically stops and the phone ringing when someone calls me via the video call or a call. Please make sure your firmware and messenger version is currently on the latest. If this problem only appears on the messenger app, please kindly restore the app and uninstall for a check. (settings > apps > messenger > storage & memory >clear data and cache.) How to check the current firmware: (settings> system> about phone > software information> build number) Please also check this matter under safe mode. In safe mode, only the factory pre-installed applications will be loaded. For instructions, please refer to the link below: http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3105&highlight=safe%2Bmode Thank you.