Star I
Model: ZE552KL
RAM: 3GB
Firmware/App Version: 15.0410.1807.75_0
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
App Name:
Description: Huge battery drain

Last edited by lcsamartins on 2019/5/19 16:19 Hello, I'm having problems with battery drain. It started out of nowhere about 1 mouth ago or so. Last week I bought a new battery, because since the phone is already 2 years old, I thought that would solve the problem. I've tested the new battery for a few days, and the problem still persists. I've already tried the battery calibration process a couple of times, and factory reseted the phone, but it didn't seem to help at all. I'm definitely getting a little more battery time with the new battery, but the battery still doesn't last more than 10h. The phone doesn't seem to heat more than normal, and as you can see, it doesn't discharge at all when I turn it off (I was expecting some kind of hardware problem). What really bugs me is that there is a difference in the apps usage on the two screens I screenshoted, otherwise I would assume it's a hardware fault. Has anyone faced a similar issue? I don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes I feel like when I keep using the phone during the whole time, the battery looks normal, because it is still lasting around the same 10 hours as when I don't use it.
2 REPLIES 2

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
Last edited by Selena_ASUS on 2019/5/21 14:47 Hi lcsamartins Good day Did you replace the official battery ? Are you talking about battery drains in standby mode or in use? Sorry, we're afraid we may need information on your problem. What do you mean that there is a difference in the apps usage on the two screens? Please help to confirm, thank you:)

lcsamartins
Star I
Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/5/21 01:42 Hi lcsamartins Good day
Well, it says 29% of app usage on the first image with the graphic, but the individual apps shown on the other screen don't add up. There's always a big difference there. I replaced the battery because of the drain, but the problem persisted. I found a reliable place to do it, and they got me another official battery. It seemed to get a little better with the new battery, but the drain is still there. The drain happens in standby mode, and also happens if I use the phone. As I said, it's even difficult to tell the difference, the battery drain looks the same whether I use it or not.