voicusorin111
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 90.11.162.58_20190424
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name:
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/201905/19/181113bj92gyz9i9ix38y2.jpg

*(Model is Z01RD)* So, I bought this phone in December 2018 and I was very excited about it. Extreme hardware power, good camera. Then, I find out some software problems and I said that they will be fixed after some updates, but I was wrong.. 1- The most HUGE problem with this phone is Wide Camera and video on both cameras in low light conditions. A lot of strange stripes appears in photos/videos (You have screenshoots). I tried to delete cache, to force stop the camera and other stuff like this, I even tried Google camera, but the same problem appears. On selfie camera appears white slim lines, for now I don't have a screenshoot, but if you want to, I will send you one. 2- When I got the Android 9 update i found that youtube is not working properly anymore. The hide notch option is working very wrong. In App Scalling (standard mode) when is not zoomed out it appears a huge black bar in the right part of the video and in the left part notch is hidden. When I zoom in notch is not hided anymore and the black bar is a little smaller. In the screenshoot is not zoomed out. In Defaul Mode when is zoomed out I get no bar in right, but notch is still there. 3- From the last update sometimes I need to replug my usb in the phone because I don't get quick charging with original usb and charghing brick. 4- Also from the last updates sometimes all my shortcuts from a page are dissappearing and reappearing. 5- And like the other last 2 problems, from the last update I get a substantial lower battery performance, I only get almost 5 hours of screen time usage, And a month ago I could get 6 hours and a half. I really need help to resolve this problems, thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

serbl
Star I
I'm a lucky guy. I've not a problem with my 5z (8/256), because ASUS makes the special SW for the Russians (RU-labeled) - I suppose. So one might not say of my the next phone (Samsung S9+). It's full of bugs.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi voicusorin111, Good day. Thanks for your feedback. (1.) I would suggest you to backup phone files and bring your phone to a local service center for a further examination http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/ Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. (2.) About below conditions on Youtube, this is Google Youtube application restriction design. If you zoom to fill on Youtube, the notch will not be hidden. If you set up for standard mode and the big black side appear when you fill the screen to fit. (3.) I would suggest you change another cable for a check. (4.) Please kindly restore the Asus Launcher and update to the latest version 5.5.2.45 via the Google Play store for a check . ( settings > apps & notifications > see all apps > Asus Launcher > storage & memory >clear storage & cache) (5.) Do you mean your phone battery consume soon when standby or during use? Because of each user's operation and different applications running in the background of the mobile phone. Some apps that automatically start in the background, I suggest you can use the mobile manager to deny some apps. Please refer below tips, please notice, the interface would be different because of different model and system version. * Auto-start Manager: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-6092-1-1.html * Power saving skills: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-3394-1-1.html *ZenUI 5 ─ What is Battery care: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035846/ Thank you.

gelang
Star I
I'm sending my phone (Z5Z 6gb) today to Service Center because have the same problem (1) in front camera and wide camera.
Hope they fix it. What was made with yours?
voicusorin111
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 90.11.162.58_20190424
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name:
Screenshot: 181113bj92gyz9i9ix38y2.jpg

*(Model is Z01RD)*

So, I bought this phone in December 2018 and I was very excited about it. Extreme hardware power, good camera. Then, I find out some software problems and I said that they will be fixed after some updates, but I was wrong..

1- The most HUGE problem with this phone is Wide Camera and video on both cameras in low light conditions. A lot of strange stripes appears in photos/videos (You have screenshoots). I tried to delete cache, to force stop the camera and other stuff like this, I even tried Google camera, but the same problem appears. On selfie camera appears white slim lines, for now I don't have a screenshoot, but if you want to, I will send you one.

2- When I got the Android 9 update i found that youtube is not working properly anymore. The hide notch option is working very wrong. In App Scalling (standard mode) when is not zoomed out it appears a huge black bar in the right part of the video and in the left part notch is hidden. When I zoom in notch is not hided anymore and the black bar is a little smaller. In the screenshoot is not zoomed out. In Defaul Mode when is zoomed out I get no bar in right, but notch is still there.

3- From the last update sometimes I need to replug my usb in the phone because I don't get quick charging with original usb and charghing brick.

4- Also from the last updates sometimes all my shortcuts from a page are dissappearing and reappearing.

5- And like the other last 2 problems, from the last update I get a substantial lower battery performance, I only get almost 5 hours of screen time usage, And a month ago I could get 6 hours and a half.

I really need help to resolve this problems, thanks!
A lot of problems with Asus 5Z

ishanverma
Star I
@voicusorin111
I have the same camera issue
I just wanted to ask that is your issue is fixed?
And if yes , what fixed it like,
Service center people or by factory reset