betim
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ZS600KL_15.1630.1903.89_0
Frequency of Occurrence: All The Time
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Anyone else having issues or know how to fix issues relating to the camera not being able to focus? My Wide Angle Lens works just fine. It is the regular camera - anyhting more than ~3 inches away from my phone will lose focus and just be blurry. Nothing I have done can fix this short of resetting to factory defaults - which I'm hesitant to do right now and holding it off as a last resort because this seems like a software problem as I'm pretty sure it happened with the last update. I saw this happened with previous ZenPhones, and seems to be a reocurring problem on ASUS products.
8 REPLIES 8

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi betim, Does the focusing problem appear in third-party camera apps? Here are some tests we would like to suggest you try: 1) Please clear data on your camera. (Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Camera > Storage > Clear data) 2) Please try in safe mode and check if the Camera can function normally. How to enter safe mode: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/ 3) Does switching and toggling between Auto and Pro mode make a difference? 4) Please tell us your camera version. Thank you 🙂

sutty
Star I
Last edited by sutty101 on 2019/5/14 19:54 I'm having the same problem as of Saturday 4th of May . Up till then the camera worked perfect. As with the OP, the wide angle works ok still. As does the front facing. The camera is stuck at a close focus of items 3-6 inches - I have done a safe mode boot and tested but same issue occurs. - I have cleared phone app data and Cache but the same issue occurs. - Gone into pro mode and set to manual focus. It tries to focus (Camera output freezes for a second) Then it remains unfocused - I have checked the lens cover and cleaned it. I cant see any scratches or marks on it The Camera software Version is 5.0.50.0_190212 I cannot downgrade or unstall and reinstall, only Force stop.

Koudmaker
Rising Star I
sutty101 posted on 2019/5/14 12:52 I'm having the same problem as of Saturday 4th of May . Up till then the camera worked perfect. As w ...
Have you tried another app ? To see i've its really a hardware problem.

sutty
Star I
Yes, Tried it with Open Camera and other apps like skype for business and Slack. For me it will be very difficult to give this phone back. As it is used for both personal use and work (2 sims) which I dont have replacement phones to use on. Is it possible to get a replacement phone and then send the faulty one back? The phone was purchased at Christmas and I took delivery of it on the 3rd of Jan 2019. The reason I ask is that my Mobile Dock has been off for a RMA due to faulty Display ports (Side input and Rear Output) For the last month and a half. With no word back as of yet. I cant be without a phone for that long a period.