This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really disapointed with with Android Pie Rollout..

bAN0NYM0US
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ZS600KL_15.1630.1902.80_0
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
Rooted: No
APP Name: Android

I had such high ambitions for this phone, and I'm just extremely disapointed with the firmware rollout for Android Pie. Samsung had a bad name for taking forever to release their latest updates to a major android update and they usually get it around 6 to 8 months, you.. Asus.. I can't even understand what is going on behind those doors or the monkeys you've hired as staff.. Android 9 came out March 7th 2018.. You've have OVER an entire year to roll this out and still, nothing. The phone was cool, I loved the design and high refreshrate display, but I am never, buying, or even accepting antoher Asus product again. If someone tries to give me one for free, I'll throw it out because I know that basically brand new out of the box, it's already outdated, and by the time it actually gets an update, that update is already outdated. Honestly at this point, just give up on the Android 9 update and start working on the Android 10 Beta that's already released, maybe you'll actually have a chance at getting a timely roll out. Or, maybe join the Android One programme so users can decide if they want the stock outdated firmware from you, or actually get a proper update when it's released from Google. Sorry Asus, but I'm never buying another product again, this was by far the worst experience I've ever had with Android software, and the only one to blame is you.
7 REPLIES 7

bAN0NYM0US
Star I
Last edited by bAN0NYM0US on 2019/5/3 18:25 ..and don't even get me started on the lack of VoLTE.. Pretty well all of Canada has RCS chat, and this phone isn't compatible because VoLTE is disabled.. serious? Given the time frame of this release, how much more time could have possibly needed to enable VoLTE so users can benefit from RCS Chat.. It's almost comical how bad Asus is, absolutely zero effort into an actual good product, it's all marketing to make sales, once they have your money, they won, they don't care after that. Sad really, could have had more of mine on the ROG Phone 2 if this phone wasn't such a flop with the lack of software support. Android 9 is over a year old now.. is the ROG Phone 2 going to release with Android 8 as well? Or do you think you'll actually have 9 finally done by then. Should we wait until Android 10 is officially released before we get the Android 9 update? Judging by track record here, it would make sense that you won't release software if it's still new, so if Android 10 is publicly released, Android 9 is outdated, and I feel like that's probably when we'll finally see an update, just in time for it to be outdated as soon as it's released.

Zsolt
Star III
Last edited by hzsolt87 on 2019/5/4 09:27 And the problem is that nobody comes here and says something meaningful, We get a template response every month... I sell this phone. Black Shark 2 is out razer 3 and nubia red magic 3 Coming soon. I'll be honest Asus time has expired. I'm not planning to buy other Asus phones that's 100%. I'm very sorry for a good quality hardware... But with such software support you can't be competitive...

sgt_conti
Star II
What do you want with trashy Android 9? I am highly satisfied with my Rooted Android 8 + xPosed framework and i am 101% sure that the ASUS Android 9 will be worse than my modded Android 8 by a factor of 2, AT LEAST. 

Zsolt
Star III
sgt.conti posted on 2019/5/4 16:34 What do you want with trashy Android 9? I am highly satisfied with my Rooted Android 8 + xPosed fram ...
Don't joke please... Take an expensive phone to modd it? Man 5-8 years before I would say ok np. But nowadays it is more important for me to protect my privacy/data's. Don't be ridic your opinion is absolutely irrelevant since you are rooted. Have a nice day.