WeeaTheBoo
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Strange scuffs on ZenBook touchpad
Model: Zenbook 14 UX433FN
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

I have been using my Zenbook UX433FN for a few months now, and so far I've experienced a few issues. Perhaps most annoyingly (because I'm pretty OCD when it comes to marks, dust etc.) three shiny scuffs quickly developed on the surface of my touchpad. Its clearly where the frosted coating on the touchpad has worn away; however, I cannot explain this. My laptop has been handled with extreme care since I got it, and my hands have been clean when using it. I understand touchpads will experience wear and tear after extended use, but I certainly didn't expect blemishes like these within months of owning such an expensive device. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated, because - considering all the systematic issues I have ALSO been having with this computer (see my previous thread) - I'm seriously starting to lose faith in my investment - unfortunately, I would take my money back in a heartbeat.
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
I am using different laptop x542uq. But I use touchpad very rare, I depend upon external usb mouse. try to use external USB mouse, I knew my solution is not real. But its just an idea. Try to install latest touchpad driver from asus.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello WeeaTheBoo, I'm sorry to hear that. Has your touchpad function been affected? Please send your device to service center for complete examination for such hardware damage. Thank you for messaging us.

WeeaTheBoo
Star I
blake_ASUS posted on 2019/5/2 13:11 Hello WeeaTheBoo, I'm sorry to hear that. Has your touchpad function been affected?
The scuffs haven't actually affected the functionality of my touchpad, from what I can see they are purely cosmetic. It's just a shame, as they really spoil the appearance of my gorgeous Royal Blue device. As I say, they have simply appeared after a couple of months of light use (I use a mouse most of the time, so it certainly isn't worn out) If I sent it to a service center, would they be likely to replace the touchpad surface? Because I'd really like my device's clean aesthetic back, especially considering how much it cost. On another note, I have been experiencing some touchpad lag and freezing, especially when using Chrome with multiple tabs open. I downloaded the latest firmware from the Download Center, but it still occurs. The only way to rectify it at this point is to wiggle the cursor while it is lagging; it fixes itself within twenty seconds.