crissyneth
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 5.0.43.2_190117_3M
Frequency of Occurrence: 80%
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Last edited by crissyneth on 2019/3/31 10:21 When using zoom starting 1.7 zoom until 4.0 zoom. Too much pixelization when zooming and only happens in the main rear camera. The pixel is not evident at the start but pops up after a few seconds usage. I mean when zooming 1st its not there and the 2nd try its there. The pixel some times multiplies in other parts like a disco light, but the one pixel which I took is always there. I cover my finger at the camera and use the zoom and you will see it. The image below with the black circle is at 4.0 zoom the 2nd and succeeding times. The image without the black circle is the se 4.0 zoom done the 1st time. I never had this problem before and I think its a software problem because it's looks like it's imtermitent. I have never dropped the phone ever. Occasional bumps when holding the phone but never a drop. My phone is always in a soft cushioned bag for phones. My phone is not even a year old and is having problems. If it's a hardware issue will it be fixed or a replacement be a better solution. Please help. I'm an avid ASUS user with 2 phones, a laptop and. O!Play. Please help me.
6 REPLIES 6

crissyneth
Star I
Redlithxeon, I haven't checked the slow motion yet, but all I can say is the Zoom 4X of my Zenfone 5Z is perfect when I used it on my son's shool foundation day. It was perfect in my amateur eyes that's all I can say and never a pixelation problem while zooming in and out. FYI... I shot the video and pics in an auditorium which is very dark and light projectors here and there. So far the shots were amazing for me. That's why I'm very disappointed when this happened. I only THINK it may be because of the update last February 2019, but that's just my opinion. There may be other forces at work. I reaaly hope they fix my phone without replacing any parts.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
crissyneth posted on 2019/4/3 15:15 Actually it many white dots are flickering except for that same white dot which I encircled in black ...
Hi crissyneth, Good day. I've texted you by PM, please kindly check your message box. We would appreciate your reply. 🙂