This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot connect but no interest (ZenFone 3/ze552kl)

NÉA
Star I
Model: ZE552KL
RAM: 4GB
Firmware/App Version: .
Frequency of Occurrence:
Rooted: No
App Name:
Description: My hotspot is not working, it shows it's connected to my laptop or my tablet but there's no internet. I have switched the SIM card to my old phone which is a Zenfone 2 and the hotspot works perfectly. I have even did a factory reset but it has not fix the issue. can you please assist, Thank you

Last edited by n_alcime on 2019/4/1 00:25 My hotspot is not working, it shows it's connected to my laptop or my tablet but there's no internet. I have switched the SIM card to my old phone which is a Zenfone 2 and the hotspot works perfectly. I have even did a factory reset but it has not fix the issue. can you please assist, Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
Hi n_alcime Thanks for your inquiry. Did the mobile data work fine when you encounter this problem? Please kindly try to use another different SIM carrier for a check. Does this problem happen in the safe mode? (how to enter the safe mode: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1005163 ) I would appreciate your reply and help,thank you:)

NÉA
Star I
Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/4/1 01:29 Hi n_alcime Thanks for your inquiry.
Hi Selena, Yes my data works perfectly, I have try a different sim card on my phone and there's still not internet when I connect to my hotspot. When I went on Safe Mode and tried to connect to my hotspot to my laptop I got the msg "unable to connect to this network " Thank you for your assistance.

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
n_alcime posted on 2019/4/3 02:42 Hi Selena, Yes my data works perfectly, I have try a different
Hi n_alcime Please help to confirm connections > Hotspot&Tethering > Allowed devices only > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot >Set up Wi-Fi hotspot > Advanced options >Select AP Band Also please using other devices to check if you can see the hotspot connection. Thank you:)