valerio_cms
Star I
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.340-20190216
Frequency of Occurrence: Ever
Rooted: No
APP Name: FM Stock Radio

Hi at all, i want to report a boring bug about the stock FM Radio App. Since the last 2 updates, every time i'm using it and i receive a notification, for exampe like a new Whatsapp message, the fm radio stop the playback, the notification sound is played, and then restart the play of radio station, but on another random frequency, probably the first of the range (87.5 Mhz). This bug happens every time at every notification received. You can replicate it as follow:
  • Open FM Radio and choose a frequency (i use 98.7 that is a national italian radio that transmit on this frequency where i live)
  • Send a whatsapp message to the number in the phone
  • Wait until the phone receive the message and the fm radio stop the play to allow to system to reproduce the notification sound
  • When the FM radio restart the playback, it still report the choosed frequency, but is another, i suppose the first of scale (87.5)
After that, changing the frequency and returing to the previous one, for example change from 98.7 to 98.75 or 98.65 and return to 98.7, it start to play the right frequency. I tried to kill fm radio, clear it's data and cache, and restart, but the problem still persists. I also tried to clear phone cache, in stock recovery, without success. Please solve this bug, it's very annoying.
7 REPLIES 7

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
maraczil posted on 2019/3/29 15:22 Hi All, I have the same problem (same phone with same firmware). I kindly ask for your help to fix t ...
Hi maraczil, Please try clearing cache and data of FM radio & com.caf.fmradio.service. And check if the problem is still appearing. Settings > Apps & Notifications > App info > See all apps > FM Radio > Storage > Clear cache & data Settings > Apps & Notifications > App info > See all apps > three dots on top right > Show system > com.caf.fmradio.service > Storage > Clear cache & data Thank you 🙂

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
valerio.cms posted on 2019/3/26 16:54 Updates: also after reset the service app "com.caf.fmradio.service" the problem still occurs. So the ...
Hi valerio.cms, What other app notifications may cause the channel to switch? Please show us a short video of the problem. Thank you :) To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
maraczil posted on 2019/3/29 15:22 Hi All, I have the same problem (same phone with same firmware). I kindly ask for your help to fix t ...
Hi maraczil, Does it happen on every channel on FM radio? What app notifications cause this? Could you show us a short video of the problem? To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. Thank you 🙂