This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to update to 1809 with HDD caddy (2nd HDD)

ilinter_989
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: Update to windows 1809 while Hdd caddy is attached it causes a boot loop
Model: X541
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Hey there I have removed the DVD and installed the hdd of my vivobook book there So that I would have my Ssd and hdd While whenever I wanted to update to the October update I was unable to do so Even if I wanted to perform a clean install I won't be able to access the setup of windows unless I detach the hdd caddy I have tried to install the windows 1809 while the hdd caddy was detached and I have successfully installed it Then I have attached the hdd caddy and again I wasn't able to access the windows Contacted windows support via c chat They said contact your manufacturer Maybe a boss update is needed My boss is in version 308 (latest by the website)
10 REPLIES 10

ilinter_989
Star I
RAJU2529 posted on 2019/3/15 14:45 try with windows 10 deployment method, it does not need setup.exe , that method needs , winre.wi ...
i think it exceeds my ability, I am not that professional

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ilinter.989 posted on 2019/3/15 18:20 what i mean by setup is from the pen drive ( clean install) it gets me into boot loop any ways wil ...
bootable pendrive is having install.wim file in source folder . But you need another pendrive namely windows 10 PE . That method is risky, if you enter wrong commands to harddisk , then you may loose all your datas .

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ilinter.989 posted on 2019/3/15 18:26 i think it exceeds my ability, I am not that professional
If i am near your place , i would solve this case. i suspect that HDD caddy case is fault , try with another caddy

ilinter_989
Star I
RAJU2529 posted on 2019/3/16 10:58 If i am near your place , i would solve this case. i suspect that HDD caddy case is fault , ...
Well the caddy is functional Actually I have downgraded the windows to version 1507 and then upgraded to 1803 Will see that it I would upgraded my ssd to a bigger capacity

ilinter_989
Star I
blake_ASUS posted on 2019/3/15 06:20 Hello ilinter.989, Are you able to access Windows with out the HDD attached? If so, please access Wi ...
I think it is related to the bios used the HDD caddy with another PC - HP with UEFI it works