Did you mean: 

Problem with constant switching external monitor on and off

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Problem with constant switching external monitor on and off
Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Hello, I have external monitor which I connect to the laptopover hdmi/Usb C – I tried both ways.So what happens is that I select to show my desktop on thesecond external monitor only. Then the monitor keeps switching off and on everysingle minute until I unplug the cable and use the laptop screen only. I tried to show desktops on both, did not help either to solve the issue.My model is: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-Pro-15-UX550GD/Tech-Specs/ Thanks for any help, it is really frustrating to work this way :-(((
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello vaclav.schmuttermeier, What kind of cable and external monitor are you using? Have you tried to use another cable or dock? The chip-set might not matched. Thank you for messaging us. Have a nice day.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
i checked technical specs of laptop and i found it supports two external monitors AND LAPTOP igpu has Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Graphics Output eDP/DP/HDMI/DVI 4K Support Yes, at 60Hz Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4)‡ 4096x2304@30Hz Max Resolution (DP)‡ 4096x2304@60Hz Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel)‡ 4096x2304@60Hz/ Mkght be graphics drivers of related softwares are coruppted, Make sure ,your external monitors supports hdmi 1.4 or not ?