iStasis
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: 5.0.1.20_181226
Frequency of Occurrence: always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Asus Weather

I have noticed that the app isnt functioning as it would come across as how it should work. Now this maybe me miss understanding based on wording used in the application. The problem: the widget on the home page (once the phone is unlocked) it displays the time/temp/date/location ok which seems to auto update and correct the time & date however the location and tempiture doesnt change at all unless you click on the text which is a shortcut to opening the app and then it refreshes the details in the weather app which they updates the widget. My understanding of this app is this should be running as a background task to check my location and the tempiture and then updating this on the widget which doesnt appear to happen unless i force it by manually opening the application which defeats the object of the widget. What i have tried is reinstalling the app itself, clearing out the cache and data and re setting the permissions i dont know why it needs permission to my storage so am testing this at the moment but cant see it will make a differnce but would like to know why storage access is needed for this app. I can not see that the application is draining any battery life as a background service and settings within the Asus Weather app are set to Get My Location and Update Frequency 1hr. When we had bad weather 2-3 weeks ago i was getting snow alerts / notifciations from the app so some bits of the app are working in the background just not updating the tempiture and location part of the widget even after waiiting 1-2 hours for it to update based on frequncy setting
9 REPLIES 9

iStasis
Star I
Last edited by iStasis on 2019/3/6 22:07 Also when doing the above check on a different device such as a laptop on the https://www.accuweather.com i suggest their app running along side the ASUS one and looking at their website to see what its reading as the location temp is before opening and refreshing the app. If its broken or not working as intended please can you just allow us the ability to keep that clock layout and just turn off the weather feature as its clearly broken and not working 100%

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
iStasis posted on 2019/3/6 22:06 Also when doing the above check on a different device such as a laptop on the https://www.accuweathe ...
Hi iStasis, Thank you for your feedback. A new firmware version WW-15.1630.1902.80 has been released, and we would advise you to update to this version and check if the problem still appears. Thank you 🙂

iStasis
Star I
Last edited by iStasis on 2019/3/7 19:57 Thanks I just noticed the update 45mins ago and just got around to logging on her to see if any of my posts had been replied to ill update my post here and edit this post. 1) 11.57 location correct (9c) Displayed after new firmware installed so refreshed its data on login after reboot.

iStasis
Star I
Looks like its updating on its own as intended give and take the nature of weather apps and widgets. I have gone into the app a few times over the past 24 hours since the new firmware update and looks as though it is updating the Temperature in the widget and going into the app you can see it has been updating itself as the last updated timestamp is when i haven't been using the phone / touched it so looks like its working alot better now. Not sure if you fixed anything or the new firmware including something not published on the official patch notes fixes.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
iStasis posted on 2019/3/8 19:18 Looks like its updating on its own as intended give and take the nature of weather apps and widgets. ...
Hi iStasis, Thank you for your reply. Please make sure to be connected to WiFi or 4G for the Weather widget to update automatically. If the widget is still not updated, please tell me for how long is it not updated. Thank you 🙂