Did you mean: 

Way too big RAM usage

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 90.10.138.175
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Before I upgraded to Android 9 the pre-installed app icon showed >4 GB free, sometimes >3, but after memory cleaning it went to 4. Now it shows >1 GB free and ~4.5GB used. That is WAY TOO MUCH. When I try to clean the memory, it goes to >4 GB free briefly and then it returns to >1GB again. It started doing this maybe a week ago. Also I noticed that battery life went straight to hell since it started doing this. What should I do to fix that? I am trying to avoid factory reset.
11 REPLIES 11

Last edited by khangdang.arch on 2019/2/24 13:29 Lucky me, still stay with latest Oreo.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi chosenon33 and rockingsahil.120, Thanks for your information. The memory management problem after Android Pie update is still investigating. Thank you.

Akai_Ryu
Star II
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/22 14:24 Hi chosenon33 and rockingsahil.120, Thanks for your information.
Thanks for the reply @Emile, Hope the problem will get solved soon 🙂

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi krivanek.prilohy and All, Good day. After confirming with our tech team, 1. Because the RAM max cached processes on Android O & P have different upper limits, so there're differences on memory usage. 2. We would suggest you try to enable the super clean mode. (Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super clean mode to clean up) Thank you.

The thing is that the battery life went down the drain since it started behaving like this. Before it did one and a half day with no problem, now it even doesn't make it through the day, after 10 hours the battery is flat.