This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 popping sound when you play a music or received a message.

januspacis
Star I
ZF Model: ZB631KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: n/a
Frequency of Occurrence: Playing a music or even selecting a ringtone
Rooted: No
APP Name: n/a

[Asus max m2 pro] When I play the music, sometimes there's a 1 popping sound and even when you received a message there's a 1 popping sound from the start . I tried it with headset,speaker, bluetooth headset but there's still the popping on the start of the music. (tried it also in safemode). Is it normal or I should return it? Just bought it on 24 February 2019.
11 REPLIES 11

rana_vishal73
Rising Star I
Have you updated your device to the latest January patch if not then update it and see if it still exists.

januspacis
Star I
Last edited by januspacis on 2019/2/28 13:01 Yes, I've already updated it and I think its the hardware itself because sometimes I can still hear it when I play music. We're going to Asus service center for more verification then replace it if there's a problem and luckily I found this problem 5 days after buying it so I can still ask for replacement. Thanks for the help.

rana_vishal73
Rising Star I
Last edited by rana.vishal73 on 2019/2/28 11:23
januspacis posted on 2019/2/28 09:59 Yes, I've already updated it and I think its the hardware itself because sometimes I can still hear ...
Yes if it's the hardware issue just take a copy of it from service centre which mentioned that issue clearly it would help you for replacement form flipkart because flipkart send their service person to check the issue if they feel it's not the issue they will reject your request at that time you can show then service centre copy so that you can file your clame for replacement.

januspacis
Star I
[Update] 2 Asus service center won't accept it as a defect because we tried it in different version of Asus zenfone max (pro m1, m2, and another 2 pro m2) the popping/crackling sound is still can be heard. They also checked it in SMMI speaker test and there's no popping sound on it, so the technician will just verify it as no defect. I think the asus max pro m2 itself has a crappy speaker. My only problem is this sound is so annoying because the popping/crackling sound is can be heard sometimes in notification,games or music. Maybe its a bug or something. Is it a defect or bug? or the asus zenfone's speaker is really shit. But I really hope its just a bug. Btw thanks again for the help

januspacis
Star I
I've found a similar thread/problem so there's small chance its a software bug. https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-262553-1-1.html