This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS 5z slow charging speed after January security patch.

nickbipul
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Version WW-90.10.138.181
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by nickbipul on 2019/2/28 06:49 I have suddenly been experiencing slow charging on my ASUS 5z after January security patch before i get my ASUS 5z charged up in just a hour but now it takes more than 2 hr to fully charged. Now it seems like fast charging have been switched off with the update.i request asus to please see this matter and fixed it as soon as possible...
67 REPLIES 67

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi nickbipul, Good day. Have you turned on the AI Charging or Scheduled Charging? Do you use Asus original adapter and cable? I would suggest you change another cable for a check. Please turn on "Air Plan" mode to charge the device on idle. Thank you.

nickbipul
Star I
Last edited by nickbipul on 2019/2/23 20:56 No i haven't ON the AI charging or scheduled charging and yes I'm using the original adapter and cable and i even checked with another cable, actually I'm experiencing this slow charging with that too. Now this problem occurs since i updated the 181 January security patch and since then it takes lots of time to fully charged up, i even tested it, if i charge from 25% it take 3-4hr to fully charged. before update it used to just take me 50min to1hr to fully charged my device please provide us solutions.

rajapand
Star I
Yes, after the Jan patch charging speed reduced very much. I wish I didn't upgrade.

varunsqa
Star I
Same issue is with my 5z, charging goes upto 1580ma but then the software brings it down to 680ma-720ma. It is surely a software issue. Problem occured immediately after applying January security update via FOTA on 22-02-2019.