shintoangel
Star I
Model: ZS620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 90.10.138.175_20190117
Frequency of Occurrence: Always/Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Auto-rotate Function

Last edited by shintoangel on 2019/2/2 11:56 I've been using my Zenfone 5z with the latest Android Pie update for a while now and I just noticed this strange bug where the Auto-rotate function stops working when you close an application and re-open it again in the Recent Apps. Say for example I open the default ASUS File Manager (or any other app for that matter) then rotate it to landscape mode and it would work just fine but if I close the application then re-open it again in the Recent Apps, then try to rotate it again from portrait to landscape mode, it won't Auto-rotate anymore. I tried doing this on all of my apps and they all do the same behavior. The only fix I can find for this is to remove the application in the Recent Apps then re-opening them from ZenUI Launcher which defeats the purpose of being able to multitask using the Recent Apps. Can you try to look into this issue? I already tried to restart my phone and even went into safe mode and it still didn't get fixed.
7 REPLIES 7

bhise_jaywant
Star I
Facing same issue for dailer pad

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/2/1 15:02 Hi All, Good day. Does this problem appear if restore the ZenUI Launcher? How often do you encounter this problem? Thank you.

shintoangel
Star I
Last edited by shintoangel on 2019/2/1 16:23
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/1 14:51 Hi All, Good day.
This problem is not related to ZenUI Launcher but rather with how the Auto-rotate function stops working when you open an Application from the Recent Apps. You can try simulating this problem by: 1.) Opening an App in portrait mode; 2.) Rotating it to landscape; 3.) Then close the App; 4.) After that open the App again in Recent Apps Menu; 5.) Now try to rotate it to landscape mode; 6.) It will not Auto-rotate anymore which is the real problem. This happens in all the Apps I use when I open them in the "Recent Apps Menu". Apps do not auto-rotate to landscape mode anymore.

govindmj123
Star I
Android 9 how to working camera?