Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 3.5mm Jack problem

salahyena
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: The phone doesnt really show it's Firmware version?
Frequency of Occurrence: Constantly
Rooted: No
APP Name:

So, I just yesterday got my brand new Asus Rog Phone, and today I wanted to listen to music while I was driving my car. I use a 3.5mm audio cable to connect the phone to the car stereo. For some reason, there's a great deal of noise coming from the phone. I tested it with my headphones with a Microphone (ie the 3 ring 3.5mm audio cable) and the audio was fine. Then I tested my home stereos that only have a 2 ring stereo 3.5mm audio cable, and I got the baffling amount of noise then, too. tl;dr: For some reason, the headphone jack always 'detects' a microphone while using a 2 ring 3.5mm jack. Is there a fix for this?
1 REPLY 1

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi salahyena, Are you using an aux-in cable to connect with your car stereo? Could you tell me the brand, model, and year of your car? For home stereo, please also tell me the brand and model, or product link of it. Is the audio cable an aux-in cable? How does it detect as microphone? Could you show us a screenshot? If possible, please show us a short video of this problem. Thank you.