laylay
Star I
ZF Model: ZC554KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW-15.2016.1812.505
Frequency of Occurrence: First time
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by laylay on 2019/1/22 22:25 Hi there, I can't believe I am posting here again after just half a month! My phone was having serious battery drain issue and I sent it to the service centre and got my battery replaced. Everything worked really well and I was happy about it... until one day I was holding the phone with my arms on the desk, it slipped off my hand and fell onto the desk at the bottom right part of the phone (about 15 cm height), and it just died. DIED. I tried switching on (pressing the button for like 1 min)... no avail... plugged in my charger... the signal light didn't light up... there are many online tutorials like plug in and charge for 30 min or 1 hour but I didn't want to do it and thus I sent my phone to a phone-repairing shop hoping that they could see what's the problem. I didn't want to send to a service centre because I just did my battery replacement not long ago, and that day was a public holiday, and I didn't even have the chance to back-up my phone yet (it died while i was using) and the service centre normally washes all the data in the phone. The repairman from the shop says that there might be battery problem... but I just replaced mine half a month ago! Could it be short circuit or something (due to incomplete battery replacement previously)? The repairman couldn't ID any problems and they said they would do a battery replacement and see what's going on (might be purely battery problem or internal problem, which i wouldn't hope is the latter as I hardly use this phone exceeding a year yet!) I actually had it fall on the ground a zillion times and there was never a problem but this time round it died when it fell on just the desk. Can you provide me possible reasons what actually happened? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

rynn_chew
Star I
Hi laylay, Based on your explanation, except battery itself, there may be other factors causing your phone unable to turn on. We can't tell the specific root cause until we check the phone and diagnose. Can you provide us details below so we can arrange our support team to assist you further? Name: Contact number: Serial number: RMA / repair case number: ASP / Service centre name (If Any):

laylay
Star I
cheesetherapist posted on 2019/1/25 09:22 Hi laylay, Based on your explanation, except battery itself, there may be other factors causing you ...
Hi there! The repair shop has changed a new battery for me. But now the issue is that it couldn't be charged beyond 93%, even I force charge up by switching on and off until 97% but when I restart it becomes 93%... and then it will drain very fast until a point like 82% and works like normal. Is it normal when battery replacement was done? I did a factory reset too but the problem persists. There are people in forums suggesting it should recover after a few charge cycles... so let's see.

rynn_chew
Star I
laylay posted on 2019/1/26 22:16 Hi there! The repair shop has changed a new battery for me. But now the issue is that it couldn't ...
Hi laylay, Please keep us posted with your status. If the problem cannot be resolved, please provide us details needed as my comment #2 ya.